How to Enter:
This contest begins on Monday, May 1, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. EST and concludes on Sunday, June 11, 2023, at 4 p.m. EST. To enter, members of the public must visit the Carolina Handling Facebook page, @carolina.handling, post a photograph in the comments section of themselves, a family member or friend in military or first responder uniform, tag that person, and that person automatically will be entered to win.
MILITARY & FIRST RESPONDERS WASHINGTON, DC TRIP GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
1. Sponsor. This contest is sponsored by Carolina Handling LLC, 4835 Sirona Drive, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28273. By entering this contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, with the decisions of the Sponsor being final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The contest is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within Carolina Handling’s operating territory of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Florida’s Central Time Zone, who are 18 years of age at the time of entry and who are active-duty U.S. military, a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or first responder (police officer, firefighter or EMT). Current or former employees of Carolina Handling or their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
3. Entry. This contest begins on Monday, May 1, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. EST and concludes on Sunday, June 11, 2023, at 4 p.m. EST. To enter, members of the public must visit the Carolina Handling Facebook page, @carolina.handling, post a photograph in the comments section of themselves, a family member or friend in military or first responder uniform, tag that person, and that person automatically will be entered to win.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize. There will be one winner in this contest. On June 11, 2023, at 5 p.m. EST, the winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries to receive a trip for two to Washington, D.C. that includes round-trip airfare, four nights in a five-star Washington, D.C. hotel, tickets to a Washington, D.C. sightseeing bus tour and a Potomac River gourmet dinner cruise on The Odyssey. The retail value of the prize is approximately $4,500.
The winner will be announced on the Carolina Handling Facebook page, and the winner contacted directly via Facebook messenger. The winner must respond within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If the winner fails to respond within 48 hours of being contacted, he or she will be disqualified and his or her entry declared null and void. A new winner will be selected by the process outlined above.
The prize may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by the winner.
6. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor disclaims all liabilities to the winner with respect to receipt and use of the prize. Winners and their travel companions, by acceptance of the prize, agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize while preparing for, participating in, and or traveling to any contest or prize-related activity.
7. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to Official Rules in its sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate this contest for any reason if it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor. Any such changes or termination will be announced on the Carolina Handling Facebook page.
8. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this contest, please contact [email protected].